We still have a few months (at least) to go before Cataclysm will be upon us. Raiding in my guild is kinda slow, so I decided to put some goals up for myself before the new expansion is available.
- Get all my alts up to 80; I’ve already reserved a nice spot for my fresh puppy rogue. I might even be completely insane and make another druid (Worgen). I still have 4 characters lying around that I really want to level to 80 at the moment though. One is my level 75 priest. She is actually fun to play, but I don’t really like healing on her so much after experiencing druid healing again. Face melting however, totally fun! Perhaps it could also be Northrend. I love levelling in the old world, but as soon as I hit Northrend I get this overall ‘meh’-feeling. Perhaps it’s also because my experience bar isn’t moving as fast as I wish it did after handing in a quest. Then we have my level 20’s; a hunter, a warlock and a shaman. They will get up to 80… hopefully in the next few months. Perhaps it would be best that as soon as I get the ‘meh’-feeling to switch to one of my alts and experience the wonders of Westfall again.
- Get Anzu on my main druid; I’ve been running Heroic Sethek Halls for weeks now and I’m starting to scream obscenities to Anzu every time he disappoints me, but I will not stop killing him over and over again until I can ride him like a wild pony.
- Scrap together some more achievements and gold; I know Blizzard will start to charge us money for flying in the old world and it’s time I should start saving for it. I’m also going for the infamous Loremaster title. I must be crazy trying it, but I will hate myself if I don’t even try it. I did read up on how to find all the quests. I need to install Tom Tom, everyquest (I already have that one), Loremaster and lightheaded.
- Get my gear up. Right, I’m not a fan of the whole gearscore hype, but it is a good way of seeing how my gear is doing. My resto gear is not too bad, but doing dailies as a resto is an enormous pain in the rear-end. I duel-specced as a boomie again, but the gear I have on there isn’t just that great. It will only take me 110 frost emblems and 270 triumph emblems to get both my sets to a good standard…..urgh..
- Rep grinding; I have been oogling that fishing rod from the walrusmen for some time now. I could get it if I put in some effort.
All in all it shouldn’t be too hard to get to my goals before Cataclysm comes out. My guess will be that it will be out around November. I wonder how wrong I’ll be.